1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Private viewing of the Prius v in Staten Island, NY

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Paradox, May 16, 2011.

1. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I finally have a date for when Toyota will be bringing the Prius v out to me to view and ask questions about it.

The date will be May 27th, Friday. I am shooting for around 4:30pm to 5pm.

As for a location, I was originally going to have them bring it right to my house but considering I had several people pm me saying they were interested I figured a larger more open public area would be better for both viewing and taking pictures. So, they will be meeting me at Great Kills Park. Here's a webpage for the park with directions and an address as well: Great Kills Park (3270 Hylan Blvd., Staten Island New York) When you enter the park, you drive down a road which probably goes on for about half a mile. When it turns to the right, there are 3 quite large parking lots. We should be in one of them considering the trailer they are bringing it on is 24ft in length. Keep your speed to the posted speed limits in the park, as they have Federal park police in there and they do ticket for speeding around.

If you would be interested in coming out to view the car, take pictures and ask their pro-driver/expert who is bringing the car questions please reply to this thread and/or pm me as well. Please keep in mind though, no dealers or media can attend without prior prearrangement. Thanks everyone!

3 people like this.
  2. walterm

walterm Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Those considering going to see this should realize that this is the Friday of Memorial Day weekend, traffic is liable to be a bit congested in many directions...

3. Ryanpl

Ryanpl Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We will be there. My kids will be psyched to see so many Prii in one spot. They are true Prius fans. Mark, can you make sure we'll be able to take a pic with car seats placed in the v, we can use our seats. I'm sure there are alot of folks here that would like to see that picture. Thank goodness Shabbos is so late this time of year! :D

4. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

I'll be sure to shoot them an email asking just to make sure but I don't think it will be a problem. Once I get a reply I'll make sure to let ya' know what they say Ryan.

5. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Ok Ryan, I asked and it is not a problem to put in the car seats and strap em' down as well. This may be a little Fred's House of Pancakes sounding, but I hope no one brings a sheep. :D

6. Ryanpl

Ryanpl Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is Tom around? He's the sheep herder around here. see you then.

7. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My coworker's good bye party is on the same day. I need to head into office that day so I will have a long drive from LIE exit #60 to Staten Island. If I come, I won't get there until 7:30-8:00pm.

How realistic for me to see the v?

8. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Toyota had said in their emails with me the driver would spend around 2-3 hours showing the car to everyone and answering questions etc. He is going to call me directly next week to nail everything down so I'll ask him if he thinks he can pull showing it to us and hanging around until 8pm. If he can hopefully you can try and be here for 7:30 ( a real 7:30 knowing how bad traffic will be on that LIE lol) I'm sure you'll get time with it.

As soon as I speak with him I'll let you know USB. Maybe he'll be willing to aim a little more for 5:30-6pm to stay later if that is better for you as well Ryan? Dan, is that better for you too?

9. Ryanpl

Ryanpl Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    For me earlier is better. Shabbos is 7:58 that week so the latest we cound see the car would be 6pm.

10. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  11. DanMode

DanMode Brooklyn Prius Guy

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm good with any time. So it's all alright by me. See ya then!

12. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    It was quite a challenge to schedule a showing of v here. We had snow & rain for weeks... long past when nice conditions should have finally arrived. The weather simply wouldn't cooperate. A gathering wasn't realistic. Sure enough, it ended up raining on the chosen time too.

But I jumped ship and took the chance on a whim when I got the call to finalize. It was a terribly uncomfortable freak warm-up. Very humid. Gloomy clouds. Absolutely fantastic lighting for interior shots though... and I ended up getting a ton. With some patience, there will be many to share online. Stay tuned.

Photo Advice: Bring a duster and one of those sticky link rollers. That sure would have been nice. Lots of crud gets tracked in on the floors and dash during a showing, which is especially easy to see on a brand new vehicle.

Suggestion: Open, adjust, explore, poke, ask, try. You name it. My helper was most definitely helpful. He was very well informed and more than happy to show me (and the camera) everything. It took me quite awhile to come up with a question he didn't know the answer too either. (Hint, look under the rear-passenger seat.)

You'll be impressed how Toyota was able to expand upon the Prius we all know & appreciate. You may also be a little jealous too. Improvements are continuous with the driver interface/experience. As for the rear seats, the sliding & reclining sure adds a new dimension to space & comfort.

13. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    California won't be hearing all the East coasters yap'n ... now that they've finally been thrown a bone.

:p

14. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The first picture I want to take is the wheel without the aerodynamic rim protective covers.

15. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    John,
    If you ever get an opportunity like this in the future and want some company, let me know. I have a few local people in MPLS that would've love to have seen the V (or any other green car) in person, even in the rain! Actually one of them is an independent shop owner in south MPLS that does PHEV conversions and would be happy to provide indoor meeting space for something like this.

16. Ryanpl

Ryanpl Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    mark, date is friday 5/27. Have you worked out a time with the driver yet?

17. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    They said he would call this week and he hasn't called yet... But the person I was dealing with from the company he drives for said it wouldn't be a problem.

18. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    So I will be leaving work at 5pm. I'll have 70 miles commute in the rush hour. Google map estimates about 2 hours in traffic. I think it is optimistic.

The earliest I will be there is 7pm.

19. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ask and you shall receive!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]