1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problem when replacing front strut on 2007

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by sjjim, Oct 19, 2014.

1. sjjim

sjjim Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When I was removing the front strut, I did not remove the nuts/bolts in the proper order. The wheel hub was pushed outward. It is tilted outward and I cannot install the top bolt of the two bolts on the bottom of the strut. I can't get the wheel hub to be straight vertical. It's feels like something was pulled out from the axle.
    Any ideas are appreciated.

2. valde3

valde3 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    If you did get inner cv-joint inside part out of outside part you need to get it back on. Maybe easiest is to first take it back out from the hub (you may be able to do this without). Then try to push axle in while turning it a bit back and forth with slight force. Vary the turning direction and pushing force till you get inside cv-joint back together. Then put it back to the hub and all together. Then inspect the inner cv-boot because this may have caused it to fail.