1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problems with the Toyota Sirius Radio Kit...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by saelee39, Feb 13, 2008.

1. saelee39

saelee39 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I just installed the Toyota Radio Satelite radio Kit to my factory cd player and I am not receiving all the channels. Is this due to the fact that I am not getting good signal? The antenna is installed in side the dash and in back of the MFD. I decided to hide the antenna in the dash because this worked well in my Lexus but not great in the Prius. What would be a good place to put it, on the outside roof or on top of the dash? Thanks...

2. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I'll take a stab at an answer. If you're getting some channels and not others, it's not an antenna issue. You're getting a signal. If you're only getting one channel, you probably need to "activate" the Sirius unit and start your subscription. Once you do that, they (Sirius) will send a signal to the unit and it will, for lack of a better term, sync up with all the channels.

3. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Until the radio is "registered" you will get only 8 channels.

4. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Wow, you get an extra 7 channels now. It's been a while since I registered my units.