1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Proud new owner of a 2014 Prius Liftback 2

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by SeattleHawaii, Jun 26, 2014.

1. SeattleHawaii

SeattleHawaii Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    After quite a few months of research I finally made my final trip to the dealership and drove out with a 2014 white Prius Liftback (2). Coming from a BMW 325xi, the difference in driving experience couldn't be bigger. I absolutely LOVE it! I'm getting mileage around 55 - 56 mpg which surpasses my expectations, especially with my first trips of freeway and or mixed city/freeway driving. Granted, I drive a bit slower than I used to, anticipate red lights/green lights a bit more than I used to...but frankly I have a much more relaxed drive. Love it when the car goes into EV mode when coasting along arterials...sooooo cool!

Can I expect the mileage to even go up when the engine is broken in???

Other impressions - Prius is actually more quiet than the BMW (possibly due to the BMW having had run-flat tires which are supposed to be louder). very smooth ride. Also find the radio/sound system in the Prius to be adequate, love the Bluetooth/cellphone connect to play Pandora, etc. Excellent trunk space, comfortable seats...I find them more comfortable than my sports bucket seats in my previous car.

All in all...I couldn't be more happy with this car!

Berndt

Thanks for all the info posted on here, it surely helped me in my research and making decisions!

ftl likes this.
  2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Welcome. Fuel economy improvements are more likely going to come when the driver is broken in. There are some free to inexpensive things you can do to improve FE in addition to just driving & getting accustomed to the car. It will adapt to you & you'll adapt to it.

Color?

Enjoy.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats, all the best!(y)

4. stephensprius

stephensprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
  5. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    What probably will happen is that your new conservative driving style will start to lapse (you will drive it more like a regular car)and your gas mileage will drop to around 50 mpg, which is still like getting gas at 1/2 price. Enjoy the ride!

6. engerysaver

engerysaver Real Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two