1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Proud owner of a 2013 Prius c!

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by SDBoltsFan, Sep 1, 2013.

1. SDBoltsFan

SDBoltsFan New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks to everyone that contributed to my post before I bought it: Really considering purchasing a Prius c but concerns about if it will get the job done | PriusChat

I went to the dealer yesterday and saw they only had one blue streak metallic left and after looking at the Toyota Tacoma and the Scion xD, I realized the Prius c is the perfect car for me.

It is a 2013 Prius c2. I absolutely love it!!! I can tell there will be a lot to learn about managing great MPG and keeping the car healthy. I haven't driven much of it but it was a lot of fun when I did. I can't wait to do more driving and getting used to it.

I'm a male college student but I honestly can't wait to show this off. People can hate all they want but I'm in love with it and that's all that matters.

Any tips or tricks I should know about? I'm going to be reading the owner's manual from cover to cover (at least the parts I don't already know).

Again, I'm SO excited to be joining the Prius family! I've always wanted one ever since the liftback came out!

[​IMG]

By the way, the dealership put on that "ec" emblem without our permission. Luckily it was easy to take off.

EDIT: Also, in case there were any prospective buyers or if anyone was just curious, the price off the lot was $20,750 with 0% APR for 60 months.

2. Yeah :cool:
    I actually had a pick-up trucker say my car looked sporty shortly after I picked it up.

I have fit entire tables full of electronic equipment storage bins boxes plus my luggage (pretty much everything except for the tables themselves) and even with all that and the A/C blasting on the hottest summer day I still got 53 mpg on the highway going 60 mph for 2 hours. And this car is half the size of my SUV, so the guy I was helping felt "put down" because of how much of his stuff I could fit in my car :LOL:

After some 2000 miles (many short trips) my lifetime fuel economy is 60 mpg. The prius c is way into the future...

minkus and ChinchillaGirl like this.
  3. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    That is a great color

4. johnhlong

johnhlong Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Check out the "5min Consumption" screen.
    It's in the 1-1 Hybrid system section. Page 39 in my book.
    It gives you instantaneous MPG and a record of how you did over the last 30 minutes.

Prius MPG.jpg

It quickly teaches you how to drive as you try to max out the right hand bar graph.
    It shows you how very little adjustments to you peddle can give you great improvements in your MPG.

Just my 2 cents,
    John

VirgilCane and JMD like this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    beautiful, congrats!(y)

6. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'm starting to see those EC stickers on cars now. What does it mean?

7. scout24

scout24 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Looks like the ec decal is the dealer's logo... That blue is a pretty nice color! I'll be picking up my dark grey metallic c II on Wednesday. Had one as a dealer loaner while my truck was in for service, and loved it! Drove a Liftback, too, and my Wife and I both liked the c better... :)

JMD likes this.
  8. Fluxuated

Fluxuated Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Any time I buy a new car, I let them put a license plate frame on. I can take that off, whenever I want. If they stick ANYTHING to the car, I'd tell them, that I won't accept delivery, so it's never been a problem.

9. VirgilCane

VirgilCane Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Kudos! I love my C so much I've named her and have to write about her at least once a day. She's like newborn baby and I sometimes just like to stare at her and always tell her goodbye and hello whenever I leave in another vehicle.

10. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    My dealer put a sticker with their URL on the back window which was a total pain to get off as it would just splinter whenever you got a piece of it up. According to Google, I'm not the only person to have suffered at their hands.

SDBoltsFan - Congratulations! I recommend you start out with the ECO Score screen as your main base. It will quickly get you more in sync with the car and you really do need the HSI which is part of that screen. I'd also recommend checking out the YouTube videos demonstrating the Pulse & Glide technique.

11. vskid3

vskid3 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Congrats! My wife and I were really considering a C before we spotted our Prius sitting in the used section. Nice little car.

This video is a good beginners guide to getting good mileage in Prii.

I despise stick on dealer emblems. Our Prius had one, but I think it must have been sold from the same dealer new because it was peeling a bit. I finished the job as soon as we got home and gave the dealer their frames back when we got the plates.

12. Fahfoofnik

Fahfoofnik Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats! Have had my Prius C Two for 2+ months now, & I learn something new about it almost every times drive it. I simply can't believe the money we are saving on fuel.

SDBoltsFan likes this.
  13. SDBoltsFan

SDBoltsFan New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

That sounds very promising! I'm also convinced that the cargo capacity is very misleading in that it will carry a lot more than at first glance. It's a subcompact car but the fold-down seats are tremendous.

I will start using it when I drive! I read about it in the manual and it seems very useful. Thanks for the tip. :)

That's so exciting! Dark gray is a really nice color too, almost the black but just light enough to look fresh.

Yes! I was very irked that they put it on. We saw them detail the car and everything once we got there and it looked like it did when we test drove it, but once we were done with the paperwork we went to the car and saw that they stuck the decal on there. They put it on all the cars that were just sold and waiting for their owners. It was applied with an adhesive that was not really sticky, so there weren't any problems taking it off, just annoying that they didn't even say anything. I definitely would have said no if I had known.

I am already feeling that! I think it will be a car that makes driving fun! I still haven't thought of a name for her though...

That sounds terrible! Good thing the one that was put on mine wasn't really a sticker. It came off in one piece like a bumper sticker very easily and left just a little bit of adhesive that was very easy to remove. I pulled up the Eco Score screen the first time I drove it after purchasing and was a bit confused but I read about it in the manual so I know what's going on now. I really like the display in the car. Very unique to Prii and it makes me feel like I'm totally aware and in control of my car!

Thank you for the video! Very informative! I just can't wait to start driving my C a lot and being able to test everything out and put all this knowledge I'm learning to good use. And ouch! At least it was already peeling haha. I probably will keep the frames just because I wouldn't want to go back and give it to them.

Thanks everyone for the replies! I'm so excited to start the journey!

14. Stevie

Stevie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
  15. Larry Greenwald

Larry Greenwald Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    That's the dealership - Toyota of El Cajon. Where I got mine. Same color, but mine's a 4. It was the one dealership that the Auto Club buying service came up with.

16. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Bought my Tundra from Toyota EC in 06 at their old location, 08 somewhere else and my 2011 at EC and I too had that badge. My gf's sister has a Corolla with the badge and my mom 13 Camry Hybrid also has it. They say it also doubles for Environmentally Conscious (even though its on Tundras, LC, etc..) for being LEED certified and planting a tree for every car sold (who knows about that)

17. Bulkymicrowave

Bulkymicrowave Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Wow lots San Diego-ites here.

18. SDBoltsFan

SDBoltsFan New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

America's Finest City ;)

19. Larry Greenwald

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    With America's Not So Finest Sports Teams. Eastlake Little League excepted. :)

ztanos likes this.
  20. Larry Greenwald

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    With America's Not So Finest Sports Teams. Eastlake Little League excepted. :)