1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Purchase JDM Signal Mirrors

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by pauerbach, Mar 29, 2014.

1. pauerbach

pauerbach Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I know this topic has been beaten to death in other threads, but can anyone actually link to a site to purchase the signal mirrors in the US for a 2010+ Prius? Is this something the stealership sells?

2. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
  3. Plus IV

Plus IV LowGen4

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Here you go.

4. pauerbach

pauerbach Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five

Thanks. Is that for the mirror cover and the light assembly (both sides)? If so, that's a steal compared to sigma automotive! I'm not electrically inclined whatsoever, and I'm not going to attempt this myself. What's the best suggestion you have for hiring someone for an install. I called my local dealer, and they're not sure if they're able to do it. Sounds like nobody has ever asked them before.

5. -1-

-1- Don

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :)Check you local area for car audio shops. They're normally familiar with this kind of stuff. I'd stay away from a dealer, their cost per hour would make it cost prohibitive. I have the same signal mirrors ordered off eBay. They're fantastic and one of the best mods I've ever done. Plenty of detailed information here for someone with above average mechanical and electrical expertise. Price is for both sides (mirror covers and light assemblies with wiring). Get the painted covers version to match your car ($134.90). Also, I paid the $20 extra for express shipping and had them within one week (from China). Well worth the extra cost. Good luck!

6. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I think the Sigma unit doesn't have the welcome/puddle light functionality so it's two-way instead of three-way, but yes, it includes the mirror covers and light assembly for both sides.

Any decent stereo shop will be able to do the install. No need to go to the dealer.

7. Grren4ever

Grren4ever Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    I would stay away from that. Non oem blinkers, lights and lens tend to be of inferior quality. This is speaking from experience, not just a hunch.

8. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The vast majority of PC members here purchased their signal mirrors from that ebay vendor. The only reported issue so far has been the $20 paint job being slightly off from factory in certain colors like Blizzard Pearl, Silver, etc.

9. -1-

-1- Don

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :)I would agree with headlight assemblies. This isn't correct for these signal mirror covers. I have them, and based on quality, cost, and installation, they're a fantastic addition to any car. I highly recommend these.

10. pauerbach

pauerbach Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five

Wow, thanks for all the info! I'll definitely purchase the ebay lights/mirror covers. It looks like your car is winter gray...? (paint code 8V1). The ebay listing shows a paint code of 8V1e available, but not the plain 8V1. Is that the same winter gray?

11. -1-

-1- Don

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :confused:WGM is 8V1. Not sure of 8V1e. Just Specify paint color is Winter Gray Metallic in note to seller.