1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question about Autolock?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by nebulight, Mar 18, 2012.

1. nebulight

nebulight New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I just picked up my Prius C Three last night and I love the smart key for getting in the car and just hitting the power button without taking the key out of my pocket! However when I get out of the car and leave, does the car automatically lock when I get a certain distance away from the car or do I have to hit the lock button on either the door or the key? Thanks!

2. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    hit the button on the door . wait for the beep:welcome:

3. nebulight

nebulight New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks. Wasn't sure if there were any settings for Automatically locking the doors, but the lock on the door handle will work fine.

4. LizKauai

LizKauai First PriusC3 owner on Kauai!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    No button. Swipe the handle sensor. I hit the lock button on the inside as I get out. Habit from my 06IV.
    I like the auto unlock feature when you stop...

5. kkim

kkim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    lol... my wife hates that and had me program it so it wouldn't unlock when the car is put into park. Long story... don't ask. :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  6. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Yeah, i should have said tap or lightly swipe the sensor on the door handle. Works great

1 person likes this.
  7. nebulight

nebulight New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Yep, I found that out this afternoon. I was using the button inside, but found out about swiping the two "lines" on the handle.

mobile phone ?

8. k.s.c

k.s.c Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Is there any way to make it so that when I turn the car off and walk away, it realizes that my key fob is not in the area anymore and locks the car? long story short, I normally am leaving the car with my hands extremely full and often forget to push the button and since I don't have the key in my hand like a normal car, I forget to hit the lock on the fob or the door. possible?

9. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Consider it a safety feature. Depending on where you are (parking garage at night, bad neighborhood, etc.), would you want the doors to automatically unlock and give access to nefarious evildoers?

10. beerme

beerme Repeat Offender

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    Works just like the Prius gen 2.

11. crebble

crebble Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Found out something about the smart key last night. My wife left her purse with the second fob in the car. Neither the swipe lock on the handle nor the handle unlock sensor worked. It was still possible to lock/unlock via the fob. I'm sure it's so that you can't lock your fob in.

You find out all sorts of things when you never read the manual. :)

12. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    one of the many things i like is that it is darn near impossible to lock your keys in the car. thats great for someone like me:)

13. coco889

coco889 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Will Prius C 3 with the smart key auto lock the car when you get out of the car? The C 2 will auto lock when you get out of the car after a minute or 2, but it doesn't seem to do that for the C3. Is there a setting that I can program it to auto lock when get out of the car without swipe the sensor?

14. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    No Prius c should "auto lock" when you walk away, as I understand it.

In Australia there is one situation where the doors can lock by themselves and in the US there are three. The one we share is:
    • If you unlock the car, but do not open any doors within 60 seconds, the doors will lock again. This feature is on by default, but can be turned off by a dealer.
    The two additional situations the US versions have are:
    • Shifting the selector to a position other than P locks all doors. Again this on by default, but can be turned off by following instructions in the manual.
    • In vehicles with SKS (ie. C3 and C4), the doors can be set to lock automatically when vehicle speed increases above approx. 12 mph. This is off by default, but can be turned on by following instructions in the manual.