1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

question about underbody splash guard

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bmparent, Sep 19, 2014.

1. bmparent

bmparent Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm missing (another) piece. I've discovered a lot of missing underbody pieces since buying this used Prius. Here's photo from ebay of what I think it is, and photos of under the car, where I think it goes. Any advice re installation/identification would be appreciated! Look for the green tab/hole. I think that's one of the places where it would attach. It's a passenger side photo, bumper on right of photo.
    41AltcoycvL__SX425_.jpg 001.JPG

2. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
  3. Mutual

Mutual Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You need a left and right splash shields. They are attached with bolts and clips. The shields attach to the bumper cover with bolts through a 'S' clips. I think the bolts used to attach are M6. The bolt that attaches to the green tab is a self tapping bolt not a machine bolt like the ones use in the S-clips.
    I think there are two or three (I doing this from memory and do not have the car as reference) additional plastic clips that attach the back of the shield to the metal frame.

#3 Mutual, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014