1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question: Have you shipped a vehicle before?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Carolyne11, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Carolyne11

Carolyne11 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have just bought my Prius and am exploring ways to get it from Minneapolis to Panama City, Fl. Anyone have any suggestions? I have joined a website, Uship. They are a free site where companies and individuals bid on shipping/driving your car.

2. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You can contact local car auctioneers in your area and they can direct you to businesses that make long trips from your state to Fl. It may be costly a bit...

May I ask...why are you shipping your car? Don't you love driving it instead? :confused:It will cost you less in gas.

3. sfl109415

sfl109415 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    We had our Prius shipped from the dealership in MD to our home in TN(door to door) for 473 bucks. It arrived in perfect shape and we have been driving it for a month now. I don't know if links are allowed here but here is the company we used, McNutt Auto Transport
    I had no knowledge of them prior to this transaction but they were great. Great price, the driver communicated all along the way, and delivered it in perfect shape within 24 hours of picking it up.

Good luck
    SL

4. Carolyne11

Carolyne11 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Well, I am having my eagerly-awaited Seaside Pearl Prius shipped from MN tomorrow, and it should be in Florida by Tuesday afternoon. I had help from the owner of the dealership where I bought it: Crystal Motors in Crystal MN, just north of Minneapolis. He was so wonderful when he heard of the trouble I was having finding a reputable and reasonably priced shipper. I just got off the phone at 10 pm on a Saturday night! That is really great for customer service. I CANNOT WAIT to see my already beloved car! :bounce:
    I am one excited newbie!! I'll let you know . . .
    Carolyne