1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question on Radio Background Image

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by nkx1, Sep 29, 2013.

1. nkx1

nkx1 Junior Member

I would like to change the background image on my 2012 and 2013 Prius', but can't seem to figure it out even after skimming through the manual and searching Prius Chat forums.

Can anyone offer some assistance on how to do this? At this point, I'm sort of wondering if it's even possible despite the apparent option to do so within the menu system.

Thanks!

2. Zedknepplin

Zedknepplin semper prius

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi nkx1,

It is possible. Place images on USB stick in correct subfolders. Pay attention to subfolder names (especially folder name Case) and image sizes. There is one for startup screen and screen blank. I did not use screen blank image, I like the screen black for night driving. Screen startup image displays for a few seconds only after the Toyota logo. The instruction book provides the correct info, but takes some trial and error to work. Results were not spectacular for me. Startup screen is More of of a spash screen after Toyota logo for a few seconds, not really a background (plus most time you do not even see it), and the blank screen image only shown when you select: setup/display/off. You can load several images, select the one you like, and delete the others.

-Zed