1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Quick question about my HV bettery

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Abdullah Jordan, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Abdullah Jordan

Abdullah Jordan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello there ;

my car had 116000 mile on it , my brother got a 2009 Gen 2 car for parts , it had a total lose damage and it has only 19000 mile on it !! , yes that is so true , anyway , he Suggest to take the 19000 mile HV battery from it and replace it with mine ( my HV battery dosnt have any problem at all ) but he said to me that its used well (since it had 116000 mile on it) so i said ok , once we replace the batteries i did the healthy test on it by using techstream for sure and that are the results , i need to know if the new battery is accepted , good , or excellent ..... thanks every one

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The only way to know is checking the capacity of the cells themselves. That involves charging to a known value, discharging at a known rate for a known time, and measuring the leftover charge to see how much capacity was in the cell.

Keep in mind that a 19000mi 2009 was sold 2008, so 5 years and 19000 miles makes it less than 4000 miles a year. Such a rarely used car could have problems with it just sitting there. Also keep in mind 20000 miles on the equator is much harsher to a battery than 20000 miles on a flat dynometer in an air conditioned climate controlled room.

So to answer your question, there is no answer with the information you provided.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Looking at the voltages:
    • 15.47V - minimum block
    • 15.62V - maximum block
    • 0.15V - difference
    As a general rule, anything under 0.3V difference suggests the battery module pairs are OK. But the best test is in operation looking for excessive heat or a voltage sag. You can record the data and export it to a <TAB> delimited file to load it into Excel. Then you can plot looking for any module-pairs that show unusual voltage sags or climbs.

Bob Wilson

4. Abdullah Jordan

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
  5. Abdullah Jordan

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model: