1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Radar Cruise Control in PiP Adv

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Jumpjet, May 31, 2014.

1. Jumpjet

Jumpjet Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    If I am driving 30mph and have cruise set at 70mph, when I engage cruise, sometimes it slowly accelerates back up to 70mph not even filling the power band and other times it seems like it floors the pedal accelerating the car very rapidly to get back up to 70. This happens randomly and no there is not a car in front of me when it does it. I am wondering what causes that because I prefer the slower acceleration over the hard acceleration because it seems like it is wasting more fuel during the hard acceleration. It randomly does the same when a car has jumped in front of me then moved away. Has anyone else experience that?

2. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I've noticed that too. It's very annoying if the car in front of you changes lanes, and the radar cruise control slams on the throttle to fill a now-big gap in front of you and to get you up to the programmed speed. If I anticipate the situation, I will cancel the cruise control (pull the lever toward me) and manually adapt to the new situation, and then resume it.