1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear door sound horrible - normal?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by psteudlein, Feb 21, 2014.

1. psteudlein

psteudlein New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Just curious if this is the same for everyone else.
    I have a 2013 Prius non-JBL system, 6 speakers, stock HU, and have replaced all 6 stock speakers with Polks and Inifinitys, and no amp.

I do understand the stock HU is limiting but why is sound from the rear doors so low?
    Is it the same for everyone, and can only be fixed via an amp?

Even with the fader turned all the way to the back, with volume at 45, sitting it back seat, you still can barely hear the speakers. But sitting in front, with fader at 50/50, the front sounds fine for the stock HU.

If I get an amp, will this be resolved? And not that it has to be resolved as I don't sit in the back.

2. tach18k

tach18k Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Okay one thing, for your radio there is a custom EQ, for all other audio devices, there is a seperate EQ settings. while using the radio adjust your EQ. while in iPod, BT, or other, go and adjust the EQ for that. Your EQ settings are on the display bottom right side, speaker icon. Yes a amp helps alot.