1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear License Plate Installation, Gen III

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by xs650, Aug 5, 2010.

1. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    OK, something other than black that doesn't stick out so much. Try white trims that match the body of the plate.

2. Cynthia RD

Cynthia RD New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    One of the two nuts holding my rear license plate for broke off inside the back hatch. I took it to the dealer to fix, and they ran the bolt from the inside and put the nut on the the outside. This was a horrible fix. The license plate rattled and made it difficult to remove the license plate. While searching to see if others experienced this too, I found this fix with the threaded riv-nut. My husband and I made a quick trip to Harbor Freight Tools to buy the #1210 kit as well as some plastic pry tools to help remove the interior panel. We were able to replace the broken nut. We also fished out the broken off piece which the dealer has left rattling around in the hatch. Thank you for the great idea and excellent photos.

#22 Cynthia RD, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
    Burna J likes this.