1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recurrent, New BT Phone List Transfer Failure

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by efusco, Apr 14, 2004.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've had my BT phone since November and once or twice before when uploading my phone list from the phone to the Prius have had a "Transfer Failed" message show up, but it always successfully transfered on a second attempt....before today.

Today I've tried at least 6 times to transfer the phone book. All seems to go well, the Prius display even says "transfering" I wait and wait, then my Ericsson T-610 'blings' and a "Transfer Failed" message appears on the MFD.

BT signal seems to be quite strong, I'm attempting to overwrite (as opposed to adding) the phone list.

Anyone else encountered and overcome this issue?

2. tuc

tuc New Member

How do you do this? When I got my T608 I navigated through all
    the menus I could find, but never discovered anything that looked
    like it would transfer a list of contacts.

3. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There is a detailed description complete with photos at john1701a.com.

In short, you go to the phonebook menu, scroll down to advanced, and there you'll see the option to transfer. You have to syncronize with the Prius settings screen too.

I should work...though it's quit for me. May have to reset my whole connection, but hate to bother.

4. edmcnierney

edmcnierney Junior Member

Evan -

I had this problem myself (T616 phone) and helped someone else with the same problem/solution. The problem is that the phone has more phone numbers than can fit in the car's memory. I don't remember the number offhand (it's not the number of contacts, but the number of total phone numbers).

It motivated me to do some long-overdue housecleaning in the phonebook. The data then synchronized just fine.

- Ed

5. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmmm, thanks Ed, I'll look into it. I can't recall exactly how many numbers the Prius can handle, if it's only about 200 then that may be the issue. I, from the start, only listed one number per contact so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

6. lchern

lchern Junior Member

Just an FYI for everyone ...

I just got my T608 and converted it to Verizon. When I tried to transfer my phonebook, I followed the instructions given here and at John1701a's site. However, the new phone does not have a "Send All" option in the Advanced menu of the Phonebook.

I used Business Cards, Send All, Send to Prius. It worked fine!

Lou