1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Red Triangle with exclaimation point and LCD says "PROBLEM"

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jetsfan_00, Feb 6, 2013.

1. jetsfan_00

jetsfan_00 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The triangle comes on momentary for the past week. It first occurred when I turned right at 20 mph. The next time was during a sweeping left turn. Off and on with turns left and right. the last few times it was longer in different situations and I could read the LCD display where is said "PROBLEM".
    The local dealer said check brake fluid and open and close all doors. Since it is more frequent I called my mechanic and he thinks it could be door sensors that have built up junk. Anyone have similar senario and a fix. The dealership does not think it is a safety issue and without any lights on their analyzer could not pull any codes.

Can anyone offer some things to look for.

I have changed all fluids regularily and the car battery in 2010 (not hybrid battery). 2005 package 2 with 190000 miles.

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Have you checked your oil level?

3. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It's every Hybrid owners biggest fear. Oh no wait that is something else. Not sure but perhaps the owners Manuel may help.

4. nh7o

nh7o Off grid since 1980

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    +1 on the oil level check.