1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reduce GPS lockout

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Joss, May 21, 2014.

1. Joss

Joss Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I wanting to either reduce or remove the GPS lockout when starting the Nav unit on my C.

I have access to a Scangauge II, but can't seem to find anything in discussions about it.

Anyone have a clue as to how to do this without the need for crazy wiring (not my kind of mod).

Thanks

2. Shibby

Shibby Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  3. Joss

Joss Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    That's the kind of crazy wiring I want to avoid.

That said, I don't really need to use the GPS functionality whilst moving, but I want to expedite or remove the warning screen when the system boots up. You know the one which tells you to be safe and don't use the system whilst driving and you have to 'Agree' before you can use the GPS?

I would have thought this would just a software setting - I don't really need 10 seconds to read this same blurb every time I use the GPS.

4. Beachnut

Beachnut Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I bet that warning is there for the attorneys at Toyota's sake! Because of a very few people, (and their stupid law suits), we all get to endure GPS blurbs, back up beeps, seatbelt beeps, and inability to use the Nav, while underway. We live in the day where a very few, are in control of the majority, by default.