1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Remote Engine Start for 2010 Toyota Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Kameel, Aug 10, 2009.

1. andrewrohn

andrewrohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I seem to be on a roll with reviving old threads today. Anyways, reading you fellas bicker about the safety features of remote start is hilarious. It's very simple, if you remote start your car, it's on. If someone hopped in your car and took off with it after you remote started it, you'd be pissed. Hence the reason it turns off when the door opens. Safety feature. Why would you complain about having it shut off when you open the door (one guy only)? Like it takes alot of effort to push a button. I mean, damn, it's not like you have to exert any energy turning a key! It's a button, push it, and get on with your drive!

2. andrewrohn

andrewrohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Another reason it shuts off is the fact that you CAN drive the car away if it's started and you remove the key fob from the vehicle. If it didn't shut off when the door opens, and you leave the fob inside, you'd get to work and not be able to restart your car when you were ready to leave. Toyota's thought of it all, just love your car, quit complaining about having to push a button when you get in the car!

3. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If you want to leave your car running while your gone into the store for 15 minutes this seems the best solution... to my knowledge right now you have to use the physical key to lock the car before you can walk away with the car on and air running leaving the car locked.... so this is an excellent workaround....

For that very reason, I can't bring my dog with me on short trips.... can't take her in the store and can't leave the car running.. this would solve the issue.

4. jaredflaherty

jaredflaherty Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    just had a remote starter installed in my 2010 prius at HH audio in olathe ks. was a groupon for 119 for parts/labor, paid an extra 65 for security bypass and an extra 40 for labor, so total was around 250. installed today, so far, so good. think i got a good deal... didn't know what cost would be before i bought the groupon. can start up to around 1500 feet.... working great so far.

5. fopoku2k2

fopoku2k2 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    has anyone successfully installed an aftermarket remote start on theri prius?? I am thinking of installing one soon on my Trim/Model II Prius and I would need tutorials

thank you

6. makala

makala New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is it okay to get a remote start installed in a Prius 2010? Does it make the battery life shorter?

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yes, it's okay. no, it doesn't shorten the battery life. it's the same as if you walked out to the car and started it, then went back inside. no harm, no foul.

makala likes this.
  8. makala

makala New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A