1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

remote start?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Dominic&Leslie, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Dominic&Leslie

Dominic&Leslie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have a 2012 prius, mid afternoon today, my wife and I were standing in the yard, when the prius just started all om its own. Now I"m not aware of any remote starter installed in this car.
    The buttons on my "key" that was in my pocket at the time include, lock, unlock, and a red alarm button.
    Has anyone experienced this or know whats happening here?
    Thanks in advance

2. DaneH5

DaneH5 Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It was probably not turned off the last time you drove it and the ICE just kicked in to charge the battery up.

retired4999 and Dominic&Leslie like this.
  3. peterjmc

peterjmc Ping pong in Ding Dang...

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Did the car turn itself off (dashboard and engine turned off, if it was on) when you opened the door or did it remain on?

If it remained on, you must have left the car on without turning it off first.
    If the car turned off, then the car is probably equipped with a remote starter.

4. compac

compac PSU, Metallic Blue Ribbon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If you want to see if your veh has a remote OE remote start,
    w/ the veh off, from outside the car, press on your remote:
    Lock, lock , lock (and hold last one for a count of 3 beats) , no real pauses between the presses
    Parking Lights should flash at each lock, and after the 3rd lock press will flash a # of times,~6, and veh should start up....

5. pioneer1212

pioneer1212 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My 2014 Prius is a prime example. However it does not start by shuts down and starts the starting sequence again. Over and over! Can some one help?