1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rental Agency HOV stickers

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by kenp11, Jul 26, 2016.

1. kenp11

kenp11 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I need to repair my Prius plug-in for minor damage on the back side door and fender. All 3 auto body shops want 2 weeks to repair even Toyota. Although they rent Plugins but none has the HOV sticker I need to get on the car pool lane. What is bad is they can't save 1 sticker and I was told it is technically illegal to drive with 3 stickers AND i have to remove all 4 stickers and send them to Sacramento which will replace them MAYBE in 4 months according to other blogs. Does anyone know a rental agency that rents cars with HOV stickers..green ones in OC or near LAX?

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    surely life doesn't end when you have to be on the freeway with the rest of the common folks, for 2 weeks.

Drive around with the 3 stickers after the repair. No cop will have the time or energy to stop you

3. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Kemp, if your time for traveling is that valuable, you can rent a stickered model S - at least in so Cal & the bay area (i've seen 'em in a few other areas too) ... but you might never go back for your prius

https://www.mpgcarrental.com/tesla-model-s-rental.html

They actually have other vehicles which in some cases have stickers, too. Good luck!

#3 hill, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    fuzzy1 likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    400 large a day? i'd give it a shot, and hope there was something left of her (and me) afterward.:eek:

#4 bisco, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    hill likes this.
  5. kenp11

kenp11 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

Not bad i can get plugin with green stickers $79 a day and Volt at $99 a day

I was thinking of CNG white sticker rental. Since i have few charging areas for Leaf or TESLA

It maybe 4 months if i have to replace them in Sacramento

bisco likes this.