1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replaced Batter

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Kstew1120, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Kstew1120

Kstew1120 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So my dashboard lights lit up a couple weeks ago. Took it to toyota, and they said it was the battery that one cell was bad. So i bought a cell, pulled the car apart, took the battery out and replaced the cell. it was fairly simple. So i put the battery back in, hooked everything back up but now if I hit the button to start the car, while pressing the break, the light on the button goes orange and the car wont start. If i do not press the brake and I hit the button, it lights up green and just the radio comes on. Anyone have any ideas?

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You probably didn't lock the battery interlock switch (orange master switch). flip it up 90 degrees and then you have to push it DOWNWARD to lock it. You should be able to start the car after that.....you probably would have to press the start button 2 times initially.

xliderider likes this.
  3. Kstew1120

Kstew1120 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That worked! I have been trying everything to figure it out. Thanks!

4. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This is the number 1 newbie mistake.
    You are not the first person to make this mistake and you wont be the last.

The real question is.... how many other things did you miss while putting it back together. :)

Keep us up to date on how long your fix lasts. Thanks.

5. joel903

joel903 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    One
    When you popped the new module in, did you balance the battery pack before install or no?

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  6. Shakti

Shakti New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    this issue you describe of just power light on and orange was happening in my test drive and i couldn't get it to start then green and just radio - but the seller could? driver error or something wrong with the battery? alas the guy selling me the car is a dealer and knows jack shit about how to make em drive...surely it's not that hard?
    This