1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacement Nav DVD - what's the latest version #?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Chris Shearer Cooper, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Chris Shearer Cooper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just bought a used 2007 Prius (with only 24k miles on it!) and the nav seems pretty old, it says it's "ver.06.1" ... I see several DVDs for sale on eBay, but how do I know I'm getting the most recent version? I tried searching on toyota.com but their search option is pretty bad, I'm not finding anything useful.

I'm also thinking that for the benefit of future generations reading this post, maybe the generous people who respond would consider including in their response where they found their information (so if someone reads this post a year from now, they can double-check to make sure the answer is still up-to-date)?

Thanks!
    Chris

2. RobertK

RobertK Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The correct disk for a 2007 Prius is the gen 5. The current version is 11.1, and is usually updated in September or October of each year. I updated from 6.1 to 11.1 last fall, and found some updates to local roads and the POI database. The biggest benefits for me are that the update eliminated a lag in Bluetooth response (reported elsewhere in PriusChat) and the nav startup screen no longer requires you to "agree" to anything.

It also appears that the second generation Prius requires an original disk to function. I have never heard of a gen 5 copy working in a second generation Prius, although they are reported to work in other Toyotas. Many of the less expensive disks for sale are pirated copies, so you need to be sure that you buy an original disk. I picked up a sealed original on eBay for $105, or you can get it at the dealer for an MSRP of $169.

If you want the latest version of the map data, wait until the fall and pick up the 12.1 version (assuming they keep the numbering consistent). Otherwise, if an older version (7.1 through 10.1) has the data you need you might pick a used one up cheap.

Hope this helps.