1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacing Prius Door Sill Lighting?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Najeeb, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Najeeb

Najeeb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    Hi everyone,

Just got a Gen 3 recently, and I noticed that the illuminated "Prius" sign in the driver's door sill is not lighting up, but the passenger's is. I'm assuming the lights are dead on that one side.
    See attached pictures. Sorry if they aren't very clear. The first image is the driver's side door sill, the second one is the passenger's. The light is working only on the passenger side.

Could anyone guide me as to what light this would use (product number or eBay link), and how I could replace the existing lights?

Thanks,
    Najeeb

Attached Files:

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    They're probably LED lights, which normally last a long time. It might be worthwhile to see if your problem is caused by a loose wire/connection.

Xterra72 likes this.
  3. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Has the car been in an accident?

4. Najeeb

Najeeb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    Nope, never been in an accident.
    Based on what xliderider said, my guess is that, either a) the LEDs have died out, or b) there's something wrong with the wire connection due to repeated pressure of someone stepping on the doorsill over time. Driver's doors tend to be used more than passenger's doors in general.

I'm not too keen on disassembling parts to fix this, as it's only a minor issue. But thanks for the guidance on it.

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    True. We've got the same sills, came standard on our level I think. Couldn't care less if the lighting quit. I do appreciate the sill protection though.