1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacing the cover in front of the 12V battery

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Entecha, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Entecha

Entecha New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I wanted to check the 12V battery so I snapped off the two fasteners and pulled off the small panel under the back seat. All went well until I wanted to replace the panel. The panel popped back in just fine but I've having quite a time putting the two fasteners back on. I don't want to use too much force because they look quite fragile. I can't get them to pop back in. Does anyone have any experience with this?

2. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Pull the center pin out as far as it will go. This then allows the body of the fastener to enter the hole. Once it's in place push the center pin back in to secure it.

Removal is the reverse - push the center pin in as far as it will go, then pull the fastener out by its body. If you broke any parts when removing the fasteners you'll have to replace them.

3. krneidigh

krneidigh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Yeah, the fasteners suck, snapped them.

4. Gcoop

Gcoop Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I snapped one of them aswell.
    check with your dealer.
    I had to get a similar part for my old acura, ad it was like $2 for 5 or something

5. jadziasman

jadziasman Prius owner emeritus

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You have a new car. Why on earth would you want to or need to check the 12V battery?

Just curious.

6. Andyprius1

Andyprius1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Some people like to know all the simple things on a new car before a problem occurs. All of the various fasteners on all the Toyota cars are different and confusing and not always easy to figure out. WHY?

minkus likes this.