1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

reputable / respected wheel brands at Tirerack / Discount Tire?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by pjam, May 4, 2011.

1. pjam

pjam New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    as much as my Prius appeals to my efficient parts it fails at the exciting bits. i appreciate the way it handles and grips the same way i used to appreciate my hondas and acuras...front drive, lightweight, good grip, but front-drive understeer breaks away with ease so you can drive it hard without getting into too much trouble.

however, i'm wanting to pump up the handling and braking for both more fun, but also more safety - and, get the added benefit of personalizing my Pri along with it looking better.

I've about concluded Eibach springs are the way to go, but the wheels have me baffled. I've never purchased aftermarket wheels and definitely am not into "rice" or "dubs" or any of that crud. i simply wanna improve my car all-around without going overboard.

I have no idea which brand of wheel is quality, durable, resilient, etc. so - wise guys of the prius type, i turn to you!

preshate it!
    b

2. andino

andino Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Enkei and OZ are the two I can remember off the top of my head that tire rack offers. If you expand from tire rack, BBS, work, Volk, HRE, and many more

3. pjam

pjam New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks, Andino. What's a good source for the brands you listed? I've also seen the Five Axis at juicedhybrid and theyre alright...

4. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I saw a set of Prius high performance brake pads for $645 plus shipping on the net.

Since most braking is done by the hybrid system and pads last fo 100,000 miles. I don't think you will find that you can or want to upgrade the brakes.