1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Return tires to Tirerack any Problems

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by zander, Nov 15, 2012.

1. zander

zander Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I purchased 4 Hancook Optimo H727 for my 2010 prius,I purchased the tires on 10-1, received them and installed them on 11-7-2012 within 600 miles the tires had to be reballanced twice, I called TireRack, complained and the rep stated she had to call Hankook.

Has any one had a problem like this and did you get it resolved

2. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It's going to be hard to prove the tires are unbalanced and not just that the installation was poor, twice.

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Call Hankook and explain your problem. They will give you a claim # to reference. If the shop you used to mount and balance the tires is an approved service center this is a slam dunk. If not you may be required to take it to an approved shop for inspection. If the shop agrees the tire(s) are faulty then Hankook will replace them.

This is one of the reasons I started using America's Tire. It's easier to get stuff done when working with one entity.

4. zander

zander Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This was a toyota dealer and after they reballanced the tires
    This was a toyota dealer, after the tires were reballanced again the service manager stater they do not advise Hankook tires to be installed to many problems with ballancing.

5. Den49

Den49 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You need to find a Hankook Tire dealer that has a Road Force balancing machine. The Road Force machine will either balance the wheel and tire or provide conclusive evidence that the tire cannot be balanced and is therefore defective. A Road Force value above a certain number will determine if defective. See below for where to find one.

Road Force Touch GSP9700 - The World's #1 Diagnostic Balancer

Your situation is unfortunate and one of the reasons I no longer buy from Tire Rack. The main reasons being:
    • higher pices for both tires and shipping to where the total cost of a Tire Rack and installer purchase is now often higher than from a local dealer,
    • lead times for Tire Rack delivery have increased,
    • when a problem such as yours happens, you are on your own and will cost you additional time and money to get it resolved,
    • using Tire Rack takes more time and effort than going to a local dealer and letting them do everything while serving you a cup of coffee.

6. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You're having a problem with all four tires?

7. zander

zander Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    At low speeds20-25mph the right front tire seems to viberate, at 50 the car tires seem fine and at 65-70 the car wanders on the highway. The rear tires have the heavy weights, the car coast poorly down the hill and gas milage went down almost 100 miles per tank of gas.

8. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Like the other posters have mentioned- bring it to one of Tire Rack's recommended installers and let then look at your tires..

9. zander

zander Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    TireRack called me back, they sent me fedex labels and credited my account.