1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Revisiting oil in manifold

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by bwilson4web, Dec 29, 2014.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Nothing personal but I came across this article:
    Source: Why Jeep Replaced Our 2014 Cherokee's Engine - KickingTires

It certainly sounds like the Jeep service technicians have a different point of view.

Bob Wilson

2. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Probably failure of a part that allows vapors from the crankcase to be recycled into the intake for burning in the combustion process. The part is supposed to separate and return oil droplets back to the crankcase.

The part used to be the PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) valve and now can be called the AOS (Air Oil Separator).

When they fail, you can also get fouled catalytic converters from unburned oil getting into them so ask about those too. Likewise O2 sensors that sit in the exhaust system. And last but not least, the MAF (Mass Airflow Sensor) that sits in the intake-manifold/pipeing. Clean manifold, throttle body, see if any in the air filter. Check plugs condition. Most of this should be unnecessary with the new engine. But I'd ask for a warranty extension on the cats, MAF and O2 sensors if they aren't replaced as part of the process.