1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sam's Club $60 Michelin Sale 8/24 - 9/30

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ohioflash, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Aug 29 2007, 01:12 PM) [snapback]503932[/snapback]</div>
    Well, when you lived in WA, were you driving on the OEMs?

Oh, and my OEMs are for sale. Apparently, you would value them.
    Make me an offer.

2. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Aug 29 2007, 04:25 PM) [snapback]503943[/snapback]</div>
    Well put, and in the muscle car and tuner world Falken's are known as one of the very worst "performance" tires, and that they perform about as well as a generic private label brand.

3. Garlic Capital

Garlic Capital New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(plantz @ Aug 29 2007, 03:37 PM) [snapback]503909[/snapback]</div>
    I just installed Michelin Primacy in stock size. I had 45K miles out of Integrity. It's not fair to compare brand new tires to almost-worn-out ones. However the new Michelin rides much quieter, handles speed bumps better with way less noise. Handling? what handling? I don't want to find out the handling limit on my Prius, so no comment on handling. I hope these tires tramline less than Integrity. My wife said that now the Prius rides almost like Lexus (good thing?), not like tin can that it used to be. With $80 off for four, it was just about $400 out the door.

Had many different tires on my other cars. So far, Michelin never disappointed me. For me, Bridgestone is next best to Michelin. Dunlop that was rated top by CR was absolutely the worst, about as bad as high performance Falken I had on my leased car.

4. plantz

plantz Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Garlic Capital @ Aug 29 2007, 09:52 PM) [snapback]504167[/snapback]</div>
    I appreciate your comments. I will quite probably do the same thing. I'm at 37K on the Integrities. They do have a little life left in them, but I definitely want to replace them before winter, and I don't think Costco will have another sale before the rains start.

I'm with you regarding handling. I live on a winding country road. I had a 1982 Audi Coupe when I first moved here in 1984. It was great fun zooming around the corners. Then I realized that I was leaving my tires on the pavement, and I was really lucky that I never hit a deer. I finally came to the realization that if I'm having fun driving, it's probably dangerous. I'm at an age now (68) when I appreciate a nice quiet ride.

5. FL Buckeye

FL Buckeye Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rae Vynn @ Aug 29 2007, 03:17 PM) [snapback]503899[/snapback]</div>

Thanks for that good info. Maybe Sam's will do the same. There's no Costco close to me.

6. Garlic Capital

Garlic Capital New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(plantz @ Aug 30 2007, 01:25 AM) [snapback]504177[/snapback]</div>
    I also drive quite a bit on winding country roads to get home. I see yellow signs "35 mph" and I do 55 in my Prius. The speed limit is 45 mph by the way. I have done 55 with Integrity without any squeal. I expect the same thing from Michelin. Today I once again realized how much quieter the brand new Michelin is and I am loving it. Nice car you had. I am pretty sure you know the handling limit. I was once in Enzo driven by a professional driver at Buttonwillow. Talking about handling and braking limit :blink: I wish I were driving Enzo. I only got to drive Ferrari Challenge Stradale and Elise :(

7. plantz

plantz Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Garlic Capital @ Aug 30 2007, 02:41 PM) [snapback]504522[/snapback]</div>
    I was once given a ride around Infineon (when it was called Sears Point -- late 1960s) in a (real) Cobra. Long straightaway before a sharp hairpin turn. We were going VERY fast. Cured my fantasy of being a race car driver!

I was driving a 1965 Saab Special then -- regular (hence, lighter) body with the Monte Carlo engine in it. That was in the days of the 3-cylinder, 2-stroke Saab engine. I've always liked "different" cars.

8. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Okay, after filling my tank, I don't think I've taken much of a hit on MPG with the new rubber, and I think that subsequent tanks may be even better!

I'm up .2 MPG over the last tank before the new rubber. Taking the tank bladder into account, I still think that I'm doing okay. The MFD took a few miles (like, 200) to get back up to my usual territory (it usually reads about 55 or 56, and is now at 54, at 100 miles).

Tomorrow, while it's cold, we'll check the tire psi (filled it to 40/38, but that was 'hot' psi, when we got home)