1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ScanGauge II How to make Codes Active

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by DrScooter, Oct 17, 2011.

1. DrScooter

DrScooter Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Have a ScanGauge, found information on how to turn off the beeping when I back up. Next I entered all the codes TXD RXF RXD MTH NAM / under gauge 1 I entered Query (code), under 2 I entered Disable (code) I made sure they were correct and saved but no change, back up beeper just the same. Is there some trick or way to make them active that I'm not doing?? :eek:

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You have to scroll through the codes (Xgauges) till you come across the ones you just entered and then select,, and continue you though to the next. Did you do that?

3. DrScooter

DrScooter Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Yes, they had a little * then I hit save?

4. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well you enter (configure) and save. Then you execute it buy scrolling through and selecting. Don't leave it "on" in the display as it will be sending the commands constantly.

5. DrScooter

DrScooter Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Well there is just something I don't get. I entered save, did not see anything like configure? Went back to normal gauges and it seems I've changed nothing? I can go back and see that the proper codes are in, that is if you are to have both "Query" and "Disable" mind you I'm pretty clueless, must crash for a few hours as I work the late, late shift.......thanks

6. DrScooter

DrScooter Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Still lost?? I have the information loaded but can not get it to shut off the beeper?

7. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The last part of the configuration was a NAM and you used a three letter description. When in Gauge mode, toggle through the different XGauge choices until you get to the NAM for the beep. Like Spiderman said do not leave this XGauge selected for long. Once selected and then deselected, the information was sent to the ECU and the reverse beep should be modified.

8. DrScooter

DrScooter Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This is what I did after I got to "Name" screen I hit "OK" that took me to the next screen and I hit "Save" the next screen I hit "Exit" I went back to my main screen and then tried putting the car in reverse and then the beep beep beep beep?

9. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    OK, you are almost there... you need to execute/use the gauge by selecting it from the list of gauges (scroll through the list till you find the gauge you created, "SBS" according to the spreadsheet). Once selected it will disable the beeps if entered correctly. Remove the gauge from the screen as soon as you can.

ReDave likes this.
  10. DrScooter

DrScooter Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This is where I'm confused. Just how do I "Execute/Use" by selecting from a list of gauges? Well I'm off shift (soon) for a couple days, just maybe I can figure things out.

11. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    What you have done so far is to configure and save an XGauge. You have to select the XGauge from the list before ScanGauge actually sends the configured data to the ECU's. Most XGauges are to display data. This particular XGauge sends a command to reset the reverse beep. Once you select the XGauge from the list the data request is sent to the ECU. For this particular XGauge you want to select another XGauge so the ScanGauge does not continually send the reverse beep request.

1 person likes this.
  12. DrScooter

DrScooter Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Well, I did get the reverse beeper to turn off. Still a bit confused but when I toggled through my XGauges "there it was", not sure if it was from a send or save signal? Regardless it beeps once and then remains silent, it's much more pleasant. I might try it on the seatbelts just to see "how" I did it, but since I always buckle up it is not a real problem. Thanks for the help......

13. junior1459

junior1459 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sorry all for the noob question, but the scangauge doesn't have to stay plugged in for the reverse beep to stay at one beep correct?

I can't seem to find it in a search, nor can I find basic instructions on how to use the codes. I don't have the scangauge so I don't know if it's self explanatory or not.. Thanks!

14. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    No.

Search this site for ScanGauge and you will find multiple threads with a wealth of information. You can also go to the Linear Logic website and get further info, including a spreadsheet with Prius specific XGauges that came from people on this forum.

15. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thats correct, once programmed, the gauge can be removed.

The gauge comes with a user manual the explains everything.