1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sea Glass Pearl in SE Region?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by SeaGlassPearl, Jan 7, 2012.

1. revhigh

revhigh MPG Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I always liked that color ... used to be called sea foam by a few brands.

REV

2. stephen hoff

stephen hoff New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just came across your post from last year. I'm chose the same so I'm interested how things played out. I know it's after the fact at this point, but I can share how I worked it out.
    Steve

3. harold

harold Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yes. I had the same experience last year, exactly same. Seems JM enterprises! JM lexus owns SE Toyota and they dictate what is ordered and what is not. There is really one person at JM has uses his taste and supposed experience in ordering the bland.
    I told my dealer at the time I ONY. Wanted sea glass! they gave me the name of the genius at JM and I called, and guess what? They ordered sea glass and they did sell.

Don't five in or give up, call JM make a fuss, speak to the bosses boss if you need to and tell them it's your $, you want what you want and beside, Sea Glass not available in South Florida????? What genius figured that out?

Be tenacious, you'll get your color.

4. jdk2

jdk2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The OP is from last year. Sea Glass Pearl is available from SET. They must have seen the light.

5. dan2l

dan2l 2014 Prius v wagon

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I could not find a SeaGlassPearl in the NW at the end of 2013. I think Toyota had a shortage and allocated them.

Anyway, I found a person that could hunt the incoming stuff on the boat. He found two, like I wanted, coming into the USA for the whole country. He was able to get one of those diverted to his dealership. The key here is to find the right person that can work for you.

Thanks,
    Dan

6. countrygirl

countrygirl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I am around the Charlotte area. I bought my 2012 Sea Glass Pearl Prius in Aug. 2012. It was very hard to find one on a lot. Every dealer told me that the color just wasn't very popular so they weren't ordering any. Finally found a dealer willing to locate and deliver from another dealership. I love this color. Once I saw it, it was the only one I wanted. Just can't understand why so many people don't like it. Even here in the Charlotte area, where every other car you see on the road is a prius. You can see all the other colors and maybe 1-2 of the Sea Glass.

7. jdk2

jdk2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I haven't seen one in or around Raleigh yet.

Next time we're at Carowinds, I'll look for yours :D

8. retired4999

retired4999 Prius driver since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yep! Love the color also! (y)