1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seat Covers for Gen III

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by FL2MI, Jun 24, 2009.

1. KreeH

KreeH Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    That is good news! Let me know how it goes. Hopefully they give you a good price and the end product is decent. Their website as of 8-30 still has no acknowledgement of 2010 Prius seatcovers.

2. angelrob

angelrob New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I will probably get seat covers because I don't like the light grey, however I will continue to use my Kurgo Wander Hammock with my black lab who has a strange attraction to water :wub:

It has slits on the side with velcro (ostensibly to wrap around the seat belts, but it also works wonderfully to keep the passenger side away from the battery vent. I may, at some point, actually cut and sew the edges of a hole for that, but for now, velcroing it out of the way works.

I also want to get a barrier to go between the front seats but haven't decided on one yet. I don't think the one from my Jeep (metal) would work well with the side air bags!

Robbin

3. scottydogsprius

scottydogsprius New Member

Model:
    III

We have had our Prius for 12 weeks now and have put almost 5000 miles on it. We have the bisque interior and it still looks brand new!
    We have sprayed scotch guard on it twice right after we bought it, and since then we vacuum it once a week. We got some blue coral brand upholstery wipes and keep them in the upper glove compartment, they work great on any spills, and I just lightly wipe the armrests with them after I vacuum. Our scotty dog Duncan gets excited and drools in the car, and we have dribbled coffee on the seats as well. Nothing has left a stain. I will probably vacuum really well and scotch guard again twice before winter weather sets in here in Illinois. We were a little fearful about the bisque interior with the black scotty dog but it has worked out fine, everyone comments about how sharp our barcelona red Prius with the bisque interior looks!!!!:rockon:

4. cossie1600

cossie1600 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Which one did you get? I am interested on the one in the youtube video, where can I buy it?

5. lutece7

lutece7 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    LaurieTX wrote:
    Laurie, I have the Bisque interior and the Bisque interior is basically bisque and black.

6. hschen

hschen New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    GT Covers now do have covers for 2010. Fabric from $179 and cowhide leather for $299. Their leather price is pretty reasonable and I wonder if anyone has experience with this supplier.

7. jm1515

jm1515 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    We'll find out maybe in a week or so...based on a couple posts here and some investigation, I ordered mine in Graphite Gray Microfiber on Monday. Fronts only for now.....
    The pic of the 10Prius w/ the fronts installed on their site looks very good from a fit & finish standpoint...........

8. rachaelseven

rachaelseven New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I just got this one:

Custom Canine Cover Seat Protectors

I also got the 'CoverAll' option to cover the back of the rear seats and their door panel protectors as well. It wasn't cheap, but it is custom fit (they said I was the first to order for the Gen III).

It just came in today, after waiting about 2 weeks to have them made, and it took us all of 10-15 minutes to put them on. There was no disassembly required, just tipped the seats forward for a moment. It would be just as easy to take off and it is machine washable - perfect for poochies, imho. They're not the tight fitted wet suit sort of things others have described, just a nice heavy canvas cover with all the necessary straps and fasteners to be secure. It has the correct hole for the battery vent and velcro covers to access the seatbelts too, so no worries there. I didn't care for the 'new canvas' odor, but I'm sure that will dissipate soon enough. None of their colors are a perfect match for the Prius interior colors, but they have a variety of fabrics and will send swatches upon request. We got a darker grey that contrasts nicely with our light grey interior. Overall, they were a great company to deal with and I'm happy with the purchase. The poochie is happy too - she can final go for rides in the new toy!

I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow (it was dark already when we finished) and add them to the post.

9. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have the stock II silver and light interior (not sure the name). The cloth bunches up, and is ultra easy to stain (i've had it a few weeks).

This was clearly a mistake by Toyota - due to the light color (easy to see any marks), and the soft nature of the fabric. I'm swapping it out - but can't imagine what the front and back would look like in a year !!!! Who thinks a light - almost white cloth will survive even a few months????????

At least I bought it knowing i'd cover it (with Classio or Katzkin leather). Have no idea what they were thinking with this fabric....

10. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    And the eBay vendor, exactseatcovers, now has its knockoffs of the GT Covers for the 2010 Prius. However, for some reason, it only has ivory colored twill covers available now for the fronts. They are very inexpensive -- on sale now for $43 (regularly $48) for the two fronts -- and a lot of Gen II PriusChatters swear by them:

2010 PRIUS BUCKET EXACT SEAT COVERS FRONTS IVORY TWILL:eBay Motors (item 350213036220 end time Dec-09-09 10:45:26 PST)

Also, shearcomfort.com now has a large variety of seatcovers available for the 2010 Prius:

http://www.shearcomfort.com/Available-Products.asp

11. grantb3

grantb3 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I gotta say that most of these seat covers look pretty goofy to me. I think I will check out the Wet Okole ones -- they seem the least retarded.

12. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Pohaku reports being very satisfied with the mid-level "Custom" sheepskin covers from shearcomfort.com for his Gen III / 2010 Prius (Toyota Prius Sheepskin Seat Covers: Car Sheepskin):

The covers are 100% Australian Marino sheepskin, sheared with a one inch nap. They are extremely dense and, IMO, supremely comfortable.

Shearcomfort.com says that while they recommend professional cleaning, the covers can be machine washed cold water/gentle cycle and line dried.

At $247.50 for both front seats, I think they are very reasonably priced.

Here are pics of them on my Gen II Prius:

[IMGLINK]http://priuschat.com/forums/attachments/gen-iii-2010-prius-accessories-modifications/20216d1259874092-sheepskin-seat-covers-010.jpg[/IMGLINK]

[IMGLINK]http://priuschat.com/forums/attachments/gen-iii-2010-prius-accessories-modifications/20215d1259874092-sheepskin-seat-covers-005.jpg[/IMGLINK]

I think they're sweet.

13. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, most of them are not my tastes either. But they do have some nice ones, like the mesh, the neoprene (like Wet Okoles), and the mid-level "Custom" sheepskins (which I have) and high-level "Tailored" sheepskins.

If I lived as you do in Orange County, I'd go for the Wet Okoles myself and have Wet Okole install them for free.

14. speakchucker

speakchucker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    neoprene anything doesn't age well in sunlight or big cities where there's ozone problems. i avoid it.

15. route246

route246 Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    We have Wet Okole on both of ours (2008 and 2010). Our son makes a mess eating and the stains clean up with soapy water and a wet towel, brush and sponge. The material is waterproof and very comfortable to sit on.

I self-installed both of them and it is a bit of work, nothing really complicated but you need to unbolt your rear seat to get it in the back, again, no problem if you have a metric socket set. The fit is very sterile and gives a distinctive look, depending on the color pattern you choose.

16. grantb3

grantb3 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    We just put Wet Okole's in ours. We live close to the Costa Mesa factory so they installed them for free too. Most people think there are no seat covers because we went with a solid color that matches our interior and it just looks like factory seats (but not so fuzzy).

17. dc202

dc202 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Another vote for the Wet Okole. Have them on the front seats, didn't bother with the rear because no one is ever back there. Very impressed with them. I also got the seat heater for the driver's seat and it is very warm.

18. Kahli6

Kahli6 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Those of you who have used the Wet Okole covers, do you have to remove the FRONT seats for installation? I just ordered-- then realized that if the front seats have to come out to install them, I just wasted $300-- because no way can I remove seats.

Can the front ones be installed without removing the seats???
    v

19. grantb3

grantb3 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Mine were installed at the factory. Why not call them and ask?

20. Kahli6

Kahli6 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    They are closed today and I hit the order button, then noticed that the rear ones require seats to be removed. So I thought someone here who has done it themselves might have an answer before they open up in CA or wherever they are.

I did email them as soon as I realized it is a possibility.