1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seat covers fr Costco & airbag deploy...

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by TMosh, Jun 26, 2013.

1. TMosh

TMosh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    New Metallic Silver 2013 v. Interested in purchasing seat covers. Have used Costco sheepsksin covers on Jeep Cherokee and Honda CR-V and loved them. The ones on the ’06 CR-V were side airbag design (supposedly) and had a “side airbag” wording on each one. Although, Costco used to have this full coverage, side airbag version in gray, I no longer find the same in the stores or at the website. Costco now seems only to sell (on line) sheepskin covers; but, not the full cover I am used to. The current Costco seat covers have a complete seat CUSHION cover with sheepskin up the seat back and over the headrest, leaving the sides and back uncovered except for a couple straps. They had 10 reviews, most of them very favorable. Anyone used them on the Prius v? Anyone know of any airbags deploying from the lower part of the seat that may be obstructed by a full seat cushion cover?

2. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I recently installed "full coverage" sheepskin seat covers on my own Prius"v."

To accommodate the side airbag on the seat back, I cut slits in the covers that allow the airbag to deploy.

Then, I got a sewing kit from WalMart and stitched the together. It retains the seat cover together, but it is still weak enough so that the threads will break with airbag deployment.