1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Secure simple mounting for the ScanGauge II...works on ALL Prii

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Mike500, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    After going through the many threads and suggestions on mounting the ScanGauge II, I tried a few of them and fount them NOT to work.

Someone recommended 3M Command Strips. They didn't stick to the textured surface of the steering wheel hub cover or the dashboard.

I then replaced the command strips on the locking fastener halves with strips of 3M VHB tape. The tape worked on the steering wheel hub cover, but NOT on the hook and loop surface of the Command Strip.

So, I just pulled off the hook and loop part of the Command Strip and pressed the bottom of the ScanGauge II housing directly on the VHB tape. That worked great.

Since the steering wheel hub cover is curved, all I need to do is to slowly press on one end of the ScanGauge's housing and the tap will come off.

Since the steering when hub covers on all Toyotas are about the same, it will probably work for ALL of them.

Attached Files:

Geo Dude likes this.
  2. Fluxuated

Fluxuated Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's EXACTLY how I mounted mine, as posted in another thread.

3. ALS

ALS Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I used a Blendmount for the rear view mirror to mount mine it looks factory installed.

[​IMG]

4. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    I like this type of install ;)

5. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I can't sue the Blendmount. My review mirror dash cam is there.

6. Tony D

Tony D Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I know that this is the Gen 3 forum, but has anyone fitted a Scanguage with a blendmount in a Gen2?

Also, I presume that would have to go for the long cable too due to distance between the port and the rear view mirror?

Is the blendmount worth it or should I just mount it on the steering column vowel with some Double sided tape?