1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seeking Custom Dashboard Designs for Engine Link App on iPhone

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Joe-G, May 12, 2013.

1. Joe-G

Joe-G Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Started playing with Engine Link app with my ELM327 OBDii adaptor on my iPhone 5. I've been scanning and tuning with HP Tuners & my laptop for years so I'm familiar with Pids and custom scanner setups.

Very slick app, set up was easy and it's quite nice that it comes with the Prius custom pids pre-loaded, no jailbreak needed.

Would anyone care to share their custom dashboard setups? There are hundreds of parameters you can log, and many are not familiar to me with my Vette experience (it's a very simple car in comparison). I figured I'd ask the Prius scanning experts what they like to monitor.

Thanks in advance for any help.:)

2. ArkiePrius

ArkiePrius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Which ELM327 adaptor did you end up getting?

3. Joe-G

Joe-G Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Cheap one from Amazon. Works great, but without the custom screens it's not really useful..I scanned my way to work now, it shows RPM (cruises at like 1000 rpm going 60, amazing) and I noticed it runs cooler than most cars, at 195. I had to install a 160 thermostat and adjust my fans to get my Vette to run 185...it normally ran 220 from the Factory.

4. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    desperately looking for custom PIDs and a vertical screen