1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

seeking solar sunroof +

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by LaurenW, Jul 4, 2015.

1. LaurenW

LaurenW New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Help needed. Which Prius models have the solar sunroof? I would like to buy a 2010, or more recent, Prius with a sunroof and anything else you guys say is super cool. Not new. I'd like to know the year(s) and model name so I could search more effectively online. Any advice appreciated!

2. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Well the new lift backs can be optioned to have the solar sunroof on the Three or Four models now. I believe in the past it was only possible to get on the Four's. I might be wrong though.

I do know that while I was shopping for my two new current Prii (2015 Persona and 2014 Prius v Three) I did see a whole bunch of the Three's on dealer lots with the solar roof option unlike a couple years ago when I bough my old Three Liftback when I don't recall ever seeing a Three with solar roof...

3. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Checking the brochure for my (since traded in) 2010 Prius, the sunroof was a package option on the III and IV. The 2011s should be the same, except for dropping the Roman numeral style of trim designation.

Checking the brochure for my current 2012 Prius, the sunroof was still a package option, on the Three and Four. The 2013s and 2014s should be the same.

Short answer: search specifically for 'sunroof', because it hasn't been standard equipment on any model or trim.

4. LaurenW

LaurenW New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Super helpful, thanks so much!