1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Service Menu System Diagnosis : AVN Check Error

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by ParanoidAndroid84, Jun 23, 2014.

1. ParanoidAndroid84

ParanoidAndroid84 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three

I just became the proud owner of a 2010 Prius III ....and had a question about the service menu's system diagnosis check.

When I open the System Diagnosis menu, everything seems to be in normal (has an OK next to it) except for the AVN, which reads CHECK next to it.

When I click on CHECK it take me to another menu which list two dates that this error/incident occurred.

I've been trying to google to figure out what AVN stands for (Audio/Visual/Navigation?) and what the error means, but have had no luck.

Has anyone else run the system diagnosis? Do you know what AVN stands for or what the error pertains to?

I bought the vehicle from Carmax and have 5 days to return the vehicle if there are any issues. Carmax says it passed their 125 point inspection and they saw no errors, so not sure what to do.

I've attached pictures of the Service Menu and error in question.

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Andrew
    IMAG0499.jpg IMAG0500.jpg IMAG0501.jpg IMAG0502.jpg

2. macman408

macman408 Electron Guidance Counselor

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    According to the service manual I have, B15C2 is Speed Signal Malfunction (it doesn't have one of those devices installed to allow you to punch buttons on the nav while moving, does it?), and B1582 is Map Disk Reading Malfunction.

Since both occurred well before you got the car, it's hard to say whether this will cause problems for you. At least neither has been recorded in the past 7 weeks, assuming the date & time are set correctly...

Maybe you can go back to them and tell them you want to return it, UNLESS they're willing to warrant that they'll fix any issues that might crop up in the next year or so related to one of those two codes. On the other hand, if you're attached to this particular one, you can just risk it too (or hope they don't call your bluff).