Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

should i see the red triangle light at start up

Discussion in 'Gen II Prius Technical Discussion' started by 2007prius1, Mar 17, 2012.

Social Buttons

1. 2007prius1

2007prius1 New Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi I am new with prius should I see the red triangle light at start up. My prius does not turn on is that normal I notice on my other vehicles all the lights turn on when I turn the key then they turn off
  2. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Your Vehicle Year:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Trust me, you don't want to see the red triangle. But you will see other warning lights that stay lit then turn off shortly after the car is made Ready. A red triangle will also appear in the multifunction display if there is a problem.
  3. melonhawg

melonhawg New Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Same thing happened to me last year. I read somewhere that the factory 12volt battery can go bad. I almost replaced it.

I pulled it out of the car and put it on a charger overnight and let it get a full charge before putting it back in.

Never had that triangle stay on again.

The reason my battery got drained... I forgot to turn off my dome lights.