1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Side Window Deflectors

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by citroenjohn, Aug 21, 2014.

1. citroenjohn

citroenjohn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I see WeatherTech now has side window deflectors for both the font and rear side windows. I've never used side window deflectors, are they worthy of consideration? I've searched the web and the results seemed to be a mixed bag. Thanks in advance for any suggestions and comments.

2. djdawn

djdawn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I use them and am happy so far. I typically leave the windows open a tiny bit to let some form of ventilation in the car while I'm at work. I live in southern California if that helps. While driving they (unfortunately?) do their job by blocking some of the air/rain, so I have to open the windows more to let more air in.
    The largest drawback I see with them is that because they cover a bit of the window, it makes it slightly awkward when showing my ID to gate guards. I'd have to bend down a bit for them to see me to be able to compare with my pic.

On a side note I didn't know they had the rear deflectors available now, so now I'm off to ebay to obtain a set. Thanks!

3. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    When I bought my 2009 Gen II Prius back in Jan, I had the choice of 2 cars, about the same $$$ and similar mileage, but different options, the deflectors were one of the things which made me choose "ChuggyPig" (see other threads also). I've found the deflectors to be extremely useful especially when it's raining!

4. Southbound

Southbound Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have the Weathertechs as well - I too think it's a mixed bag. The good: able to keep window ( front) open a bit when it's raining or when car is parked in sun. The rear do not fit/ function in same manner as the front when it comes to rain ( at least on the liftback), also adds a touch of flare to the car. The bad: hinders already poor visibility on the liftback, maybe the sight lines on a C are better - not sure. Getting the front deflectors on takes maybe..... 5-10 seconds apeice. The rears are a !@#$%^ pain in the nice person to put on - at least for me. They do fit very well, though I do have one rear one loosening a bit. There are clips that are used on the backs that are not used on the front, this is what makes the back difficult / at least for me. YMMV...

5. w2kpugsly

w2kpugsly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I watched a video on youtube how to install them. Took five minutes to install all four windows. Easiest installation ever.

6. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    To be honest, I've not found any problems with the rear-view being impaired, although the view out the back of the Prius has never been the best, the back-up camera is pretty useful when things get in close, and I've also found that the method for adjusting the side-mirrors recommended by Car-Talk, gets them "just right" ( http://www.cartalk.com/sites/default/files/features/mirrors/CarTalkMirrors.pdf ) - hope this helps - Wil

7. Southbound

Southbound Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My major gripe is the vison out passenger and drivers window are diminished on already poor visibility out those same windows.