1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Silent electric car knocks over pedestrian

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by johalareewi, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Roadburner440

Roadburner440 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Now that is priceless! I tend to lean right, and be pro gun. I did get a good laugh out of that though.

2. Musicfr34k90

Musicfr34k90 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Be careful out there people! As much as we love our vehicles, we forget how dangerous they can be sometimes!

As Thom Yorke very famously sang...

3. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The ones that kneel between the tracks as the train whistle blares seem likely to be suicides. The ones that are gabbing away on their cell phones, actively texting, zoning out to music on their earbuds, chasing a loose dog, or stepping off the track of the train they can see and never glancing behind to see another train approaching on the other track, are likely not intentional.

4. NargilFenris

NargilFenris Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    In our area Bicyclist are the main worry. They don't follow any of the rules of the road. Except for the few who actually bike on the roads.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    aren't the ones who actually bike on the roads the only ones you have to be concerned about?

6. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

Not if you're walking down the path and one hits you from behind :eek:

7. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    i ask for a bike noise device! so when i walk and dont look around me i dont get overun by a bike.
    those silent biks are a hassard to humans.

8. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    No, it's basically unpredictable as many cyclists will go on any surface and in any direction at their convenience.

As somebody used to the UK law (bicycles in the road or on marked cycle paths only) I cycle with traffic, but most people on bicycles here act like a fast pedestrian, cycling against traffic even though Maine law says cyclists on the road must obey traffic laws. There are a couple of special rules for cyclists to help them and other traffic on the road: they can cycle on the shoulder; they can turn left at an intersection in two steps.

However, it shouldn't be surprising that there are lawless cyclists when there so many pedestrians and drivers who disobey the law.