1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Smart-Entry system complaint

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by howard0944, Apr 24, 2011.

1. howard0944

howard0944 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Having experienced the 2005 & the 2008 Prii, on the 2011, Toyota dropped the Smart-Entry system from passenger & the hatch. This pretty much removes the usefulness of the system, because when loading groceries, it really comes in handy. Additionally you can't lock the door without using the keyfob (or walking back to the driver door.) It is really a step down for prior Prius owners. Having to reach for the keyfob, make me feel like i'm using a low-tech car :mad:

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Toyota didn't drop it; You just have to buy a IV or V to get the 3 door now. Before on the Gen II, base models didn't even have SKS so they actually made it standard now albeit 1 door.

That being said others have pointed out your concerns previously in other posts; unfortunately, the only answer people have is the one I just gave lol.

1 person likes this.
  3. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yup. You just have to buy a more expensive model to get it, but it still does exist. Having lived with it for so long now I feel really stupid when I get into a conventional car.

Just today I got in our RX350 (not low tech at all, but no SKS) and pointed my magic waving finger around the area of the dashboard for a good second or two before I realized, oh I need a key to start this guy. ;)

4. howard0944

howard0944 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    True, they didn't drop it, but they definitely dropped it out of my price range! I was just spoiled with the Gen II. But, yeah, this one I have is decked-out with the solar moonroof & nav system, so when I plug in my iPod, It have to forget about what I did to load the car :)

Thanks buddy!

5. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

I hear ya' about the price range of having to step up to a IV just to get it but hey, you've got a sweet III with the solar roof/nav combo (a rare combo at that)! Glad you're still enjoying it minus the small pain of the 1 door sks. I'm sure in time you'll get used to it and it'll become a moot point.

6. dopey423

dopey423 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II