Welcome to PriusChat

We'd love to have you join our community and participate in the conversation! Sign up for FREE today.

Smart keys Suddenly not working

Discussion in 'Gen II Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by montenido, Jul 4, 2010.

Social Buttons

1. montenido

montenido A 2 Prius household

Your Vehicle Year:
    2005 Prius
    Hi all,

My wife's 2009 Prius is having trouble with the smart keys. She though the battery was bad and had it changed at Radio Shack. Nice job guys, but wrong battery.

When she went out to her car, the smart key was not working. I installed the proper battery, but still no smart function. I retrieved her second fob and that one doesn't do smart either.

Next, I checked the fuse for the smart key function. #7 under the drivers panel. No problem there. Now what?

All suggestions will be considered.

Thanks, Bill
  2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Your Vehicle Year:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Hi Bill,

Find the pushbutton switch below the steering column. It may be labeled "SMART" or "KEY". Depress that switch.
    1 person likes this.
  3. montenido

montenido A 2 Prius household

Your Vehicle Year:
    2005 Prius
    Patrick, You are BRILLIANT!!!!:D

Why I didn't think of that I don't know. But thank you for saving me from wasting more time looking for the problem.

This forum is the best.:rockon:

Bill