1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

So - any way I can simply connect the iPhone and have it all work?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by PixelRogue, Jul 18, 2010.

1. PixelRogue

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    I know this wouldn't be 'simple' - but I'm wondering if it is even possible.

Looking to plug in the iPhone and control everything through the car's built in input methods (touch screen, voice etc).

Finding the iPhone far far more advanced and usable compared to all the bs w/the factory installed system.

2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    This topic has been discussed quite a bit--2 suggestions:

1. Try a search

2. Wrong forum--try the audio & electronics sub-forum

3. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You should not even have to plug in your iPhone. You can connect it wirelessly, and then use it with your car each time you get in it, without doing anything additional.

Just search the forum for iPhone and you should find all you need.

4. Dark_matter_doesn't

Dark_matter_doesn't Prius Tinkerer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Not sure what you mean by "control everything", but I've got an aftermarket iPod adaptor and with my iPhone 4 plugged in, I can control the playlist from the "DVD" screen. The steering wheel channel change controls advance and replay songs.

The big advantage of the iPod adaptor over Bluetooth is sound quality, especially much better bass response by the direct connection.