1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

So hard to get used to not visiting the gas station....

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by ChipL, Mar 20, 2012.

1. donny612

donny612 "Captain Jack Sparrow"

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I must admit that not having to hit the gas station once or twice a week to fill my Nissan Titan is a strange feeling. But I don't miss those trips to the gas station one little bit!!!:rockon:

2. Son of Gloin

Son of Gloin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I'm not aware of anyone here suggesting driving "50 mph when everyone else is doing 75" ... but, as for me, I don't care HOW heavy the traffic is. If I'm driving around Indianapolis, as an example - on the 465 loop - where the PSL is 55, I'll be damned if I'm gonna' drive any faster than about 58! If that ain't fast enough for the guy / gal that happens to be riding my nice person at the time, tough shit!!!

Also and "for what it's worth" ... and this is meant ONLY as a general thought or observation / this is NOT specifically directed at anyone here: anyone who frequently changes lanes in such heavy traffic situations is NOT "going with the flow" ...

3. Son of Gloin

Son of Gloin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Ah, yes ... NOT having to hit the gas station once or twice a week: "The Curse of the Black Pearl" !!!

4. Tbone22457

Tbone22457 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yep, I used to hit the pump every week then Max & perl came along and now once a month if that. I've come to save about $500.00 a month in gas...It's funny the guy at Wawa asked me where I've been? Told him I bought a Prius....he just looked at me and said, so we still have coffee..

:mod::mod:

5. ChipL

ChipL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It was hard yesterday not to fill-up in Fredricksburg Va at $3.45 a gallon. But it has been since 5/9 since the last fill-up - commuting and 240 miles of Sunday drives... And I was just at half a tank. But the $1 to $1.20 savings wasn't worth it for the time it would have took....

6. Insight-I Owner

Insight-I Owner 2006 Insight-I MT + 2011 Prius

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The speeders are the ones "causing" any accident. And driving 75mph to "get there quicker" is false economy: is saving a few minutes really worth the added risk to yourself and others?

7. schmuly

schmuly Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    We haven't bought our Prius yet (still looking) but we have 2 5gal jerry cans that we rotate to fill our vehicals. So when gas is cheaper or we drive by a gas station that has a good price we fill up the jerrycan also. We only have one jerrycan in the vehical at all times, unless the car is full.
    I have never read on this forum that anybody has used a jerrycan yet. For us it is a part of our life as gas in our town is $1.38 per liter and 15 miles away in the US gas is $3.95/gal.
    So $1.38 x 3.785L,(per US gal) = $5.2233 per US gal. We buy 90% of our gas in the US, so when we make our Prius purchase we will be all smiles!!!!:)

8. Big Steve

Big Steve ramblin wreck

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Recentl, wife and I have visited Wawa, just for coffee, SWEEEET