1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Special Request Prius - Dealer Says Toyota Has Canceled All

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Prius-1229, Apr 3, 2011.

1. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    When a car is in short supply, first money talks; everybody else walks at the dealership. :D

2. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Toyota announced (last night's news) that production is halted in Japan. Just call your regional Toyota admin office (not the dealer), or call the Toyota 800 number and ask them directly. There's a thread on this topic in FHOP; check it out.

3. SlowTurd

SlowTurd I LIKE PRIUS'S

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    as i posted in another thread

4. marzprius

marzprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

Just did a nationwide search. There are a total of 7 Blizzard ATP Prius in the whole country, 6 on the East coast, 1 in WA. I'm sure most, if not all are sold. So yes it's going to be difficult to get a specific car for a while.

5. Unlimited_MPG

Unlimited_MPG Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    From what I read on the news (internet) the Yaris Plant will be offline for another month. North American plants will be going idle here shortly. I believe the Prius is still being slowly built.

6. mmcdonal

mmcdonal Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    There are 2 Blizzard Pearl 5's, loaded, at Laurel Toyota (a Carmax new car dealer) in Laurel, MD. It is 10 minutes from BWI airport. No haggles. So take a plane out, buy the car, and you are practically on 70 West back home... They are $34,478 each. Yikes.

I am not affiliated with Laurel Toyota, but I get all my cars there (5 in the last 7 years).

7. Bootjacker

Bootjacker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You can also go to www.edmunds.com and fill out the information about thle car you want, list a city, and click on inventory and it will give you informantion about dealer inventory in a widening circle from where you live.

8. Prius-1229

Prius-1229 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions/information. Here is what my dealer wrote me:

"All request have been canceled all special changes have been canceled I have no control over them and we don't know when we will start to get regular stock in."

I also called the 1-800-Toyota Cares number and they confirmed that all special requests have been canceled and they apologized with a smile.

I think I'll wait for things to calm down in maybe 6 - 12 months. My Lexus SC400 is still a nice ride and I love the lack of any payments.