1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Spreadsheet for tracking differences between MFD and calculated fuel mileages

Discussion in 'The File Library' started by JimboK, Jan 26, 2008.

1. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have built a simple spreadsheet designed to track the difference between what the MFD displays for fuel mileage and what actual calculated fuel mileage is, on a tank-by-tank and cumulative basis. It has several of my own entries so you can see it "in action." It might be especially helpful for the newbies who are confused by substantial one-tank differences between the display and calculated figures.

You will see a column labeled "weighted difference." This is to adjust for tank-to-differences in total miles driven before figuring the cumulative difference.

Columns F & G contain formulas, so with a new row you'll need to drag the formula down from the previous row to update the results in those columns and the cumulative difference.

Spreadsheet gurus, if you see any flaws in my formulas, please let me know.

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I suggest adding a graph.

Here's a sample from my spreadsheet:

[​IMG]

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yes, I agree. In fact, here's a chart using the numbers form the spreadsheet you provided. Because I love plotting correlations, I charted the amount of gasoline used to refuel against the difference between the two readings. There's something strong going on here:

Attached Files: