1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Spreadsheet to Keep Track of MPG

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Southern Dad, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Southern Dad

Southern Dad Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Let me first say that I have a spreadsheet for EVERYTHING. I live by the axiom, "If you can measure it, you can manage it.". This spreadsheet evolved as I was measuring the mpg of my 2000 Honda Insight then the 2008 Toyota Prius and now my 2011 Toyota Prius.

It was created on a Mac using Excel 2011 and this forum only allows xls extensions and not xlsx extensions so I had to remove the three charts that appear at the top. They are just spark lines if anyone wants to add them back or you could PM me your email and I'll send you the xlsx file.

Attached Files:

2. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Very nice job on your spreadsheet! I like your "If you can measure it, you can manage it" axiom although sometimes on somethings I can't manage to measure it. ;)

3. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have lots of spreadsheets too. The only problem is that spreadsheets don't scale, so my intention is to convert them all into web-fronted databases using a LAPP set-up. But that's not my sphere, so I need to motivate myself to get started.

4. Southern Dad

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Actually, I put all the spreadsheets together and have a large multipage one that is just termed Bell Budget with pages for everything. I can usually calculate my utility bills within a dollar or two as well as keep up with everything else. I just like keeping up with the Prius MPG in a way that is pretty easy.

5. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I use fuelly.com. Don't have to worry about losing my sheets when the drive crashes. ;)

Attached Files:

6. Southern Dad

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I use Fuelly as well. I wanted to be able to break it down by month and check the accuracy of the mpg the vehicle shows. Plus a few other things.

7. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Nice job, but your monthly averages won't be 100% accurate unless you fill it up on the last day of each month and leave the car at the gas station overnight. ;)

8. Southern Dad

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hmm, good thought. It is exactly 2.5 miles from the station to my home. If I travel at a slow enough speed, I am able to make it home without ever engaging the ICE. My daughter and I sometimes try and get 99.9 mpg doing this on the way home from the station.