1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SRS Warning Light, Air Bag Off, and low gas indicator flashing

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by howardc1, Mar 2, 2014.

1. howardc1

howardc1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Very scary incident....parked the car, when wife got back in, got the big exclamation point, SRS warning light, brake off light, airbag off light and most weird the single gas bar flashing when, in fact, I had about 3/4 of a tank. The first part of the problem was that when my keys are in the same pocket as my cell phone, there is interference, so I took the keys out, but the same alarms came on. After playing around with it for a while, including locking and unlocking doors with the remote, it finally started, everything normal, including showing gas just fine. I am original owner, so no accidents. I had just put a heavy object in the trunk, maybe it twisted some wiring? I took it out when I got home.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You may have a loose 12V battery cable or the battery may need to be replaced. The flashing fuel gauge at one bar is a clue that a battery connection was interrupted.

3. howardc1

howardc1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you. Excuse the stupid question but is that the primary battery in the trunk, or is there another battery as well? It's been working fine since I posted, with the proper number of battery bars, but the airbag alarm light stays on for maybe 6 seconds after I turn on the ignition before going out....anything to be concerned about?

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    12 volt battery is in the hatch on the right side. if the cables are snug, replace the battery.