1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Steering wheel wrap alternative

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by numba41, Jun 20, 2014.

1. numba41

numba41 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just installed a gray Circle Cool pvc perforated vinyl steering wheel wrap from eBay (see attached photo). Much cheaper tan the leather options but looks just as nice. It's sewn on which looks much better than the covers that slide over the steering wheel.

Attached Files:

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    #2 xliderider, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
  3. numba41

numba41 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've installed wheelskins on two other cars before. Never really liked the chunkiness and sewing method. The Circle Cool is similar to the installation method from Redlinegoods.com leather steering wraps which is cleaner, seamless and looks OE.

4. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think the cover looks great.

And I have to agree that the OEM standard steering wheel is horrific without any modification.

I went with a wheelskins. I'm happy with it. For me? Just personally- I'd rather go with a leather wrap than a vinyl wrap.

Leather kind of wears with you and use, over time. I actually think my Wheelskins cover feels nicer today, than a year ago. Not sure you get that benefit with vinyl.

But it does look great, and it has to be a huge improvement over the standard steering wheel with nothing. When I first got my Prius I absolutely hated the steering wheel. I don't know who at Toyota thought plastic...and not just plastic, but plastic with the texture of sand paper was a good idea.

5. Zius7

Zius7 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've been looking for one just like that but the sizes I'm finding are all over the place. You don't happen to have a link to the ebay auction you bought it from do you?