1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stock head unit, cassette, JBL, 6disc changer, no "am/sat" button

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Jeffrimerman, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Jeffrimerman

Jeffrimerman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just got an 05 prius and it has the JBL system, 6 disc changer, and cassette stereo. I've been searching for anything that lets me control the iPod with the radio and steering wheel controls. I see scosche, but it shows using the "am/sat" button and so do a few others, but I don't have that button. iSimple has one that requires the "cd" button, but I have a "tape/disc" button, maybe that is what they mean, but I think it is referring to an external cd changer. Integrated Solutions has one that seems to be plug and play for all Prius. I would like one with text display that works with my head unit. Grom has one, but on amazon I can't tell if compatible with my head unit. The Dice specifically says it will work with the radios with built in cd changers and displays text so that might be the ideal one. I liked the way the scosche looked on display but maybe that is only for the ones that are sat radio compatible. Anyone with my stereo that has a one they like? Thanks.

2. handel

handel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    the "Mode" button on the stearing wheel will get you to the "am/sat" mode just fine. I've been using the iSimple iPOd adapter and it works well.

3. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I use a cassette adapter and yes I have to manually change the songs on my mp3 device but it beats $200 for an ipod cable, and hours taking my dash apart to get it installed, and I think you even lose your CD changer to use an Ipod cable, so that's definitely not worth it.

I've tried many different brands of cassette adapters, they were all black and produced a horrible hiss at higher volumes. but recently I picked up a white cassette adapter at sears for $9, it is a Phillips and has almost zero hiss at all, sounds almost as good as a CD. my $.02