1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Subwoofer/aftermarket radio

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Tom Andro, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Tom Andro

Tom Andro New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just recently bought a 2005 Prius and I was planning on putting a small sound system in it(possibly) and a new radio that has an aux input and Bluetooth. I'm worried that I will ruin my battery as its not charged the same way as a standard car.

This is the first time I've ever owned a hybrid card and so far I am very happy with it :D

Btw, I have already picked out the radio:

I would post a link but I cannot since I am new on this website so here is what the radio is called.
    Kenwood KDC-BT755HD

2. toddrav

toddrav Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Woot, congrats on your 'new to you' car!
    Spend some time reading and searching through Gen II Prius Audio and Electronics sub-forum, and you can see how hundreds of others before you have upgraded their audio system

3. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The problem "if there is one" is not on the way the Prius charges the 12 volt battery, but on any added discharge when the car is turned off. Any continuous discharge "even 10 ma" after the car is turned off spells trouble. So as long as the added radio, and any amplifiers are turned off with the car you will have no problems.

John (Britprius).

4. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    the factory speakers suck; definitely replace those asap. you can mod the doors to put oversized woofers in. might not even need a sub unless you really really want to damage your hearing.

2 din touchscreen is also a must.

Justdidit likes this.